Are you looking for an adrenalin rush adventure in Johannesburg? The Orlando Towers Bungee Jump in Soweto might just be the place for you!
Many people have bungee jumping on their bucket list but never get around to actually doing it. Take the plunge and go for it! Jumping from a suspension bridge that is connected between 100m towers with a rubber cord around your feet sounds like fun… right?
On arrival at the Orlando Towers, you will be required to complete an indemnity form, make payment and then simply wait your turn. Unless you have someone with you who is not going to jump, it is best to lock your valuables in the car or leave them at home.
When it is your turn, you will be piled into a little lift that runs along the curve of the tower… The ride up is just as scary as the hump itself!
The Orlando Towers Bungee staff take safety extremely seriously. When it is your turn to be kitted up, the gear is checked, rechecked, cross-checked, double-checked and checked some more! All the in’s and out’s are explained to you in fine detail. The crew are helpful, kind and calm and help reassure your nerves.
Once all the safety checks were done, you are told to stand with your toes over the edge of the platform and with no time to think countdown starts! 5 4 3 2 1 BUNGEE! From this point, everything happens in slow motion and fast at the same time. As you reach the most taught point after dropping, the bungee cord rips you right back up again! After a while, you are just a dangling human tied to a rope. At this point, the rope operator slowly lowers you back down to earth.
- Cost: R630.00 p/p
- DVD Recording: R170.00 per jump, per disc
- PHOTOS: R100.00 per jump, per disc
- Weight Limits: 35kg to 110kg
- Under 18’s must have signed parent/guardian consent
- No children under the age of 12 allowed to go up to the top of the tower
- Address: Cnr Sheffield Road and Chris Hani, Orlando East, Soweto
- Contact: 071 674 4343 (Office hours 9:00 till 17:00)
- Hours: Thursday to Sunday and Public Holidays (Thursdays from 12:00, Friday to Sunday and Public Holidays from 10:00)
If you really do not see yourself jumping, there are various other activities available. Visit www.orlandotowers.co.za for more information.