Cremora Tart Recipe for a classic Cremora Tart that is no-fail, quick and easy. Be sure to try this South African sweet treat!
This tart is so easy to make and it always goes down well amongst family and friends.
- 2 tsp Olive Oil or Butter
- 4 – 6 Chicken pieces
- 4 Tbs Brown or White onion soup powder
- 250 ml Apricot juice
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 1 punnet of mushrooms (optional)
- Handful of chopped green/red/yellow peppers (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Slightly brown chicken pieces in olive oil and move to an oven dish that can close
- In the leftover oil, lightly fry the chopped peppers and mushrooms and add them in with the chicken
- Mix the cream, apricot juice and soup powder together and mix well. Pour over chicken.
- Bake closed for about 30 minutes until chicken cooked through
- Open the oven dish and bake for a further 10 minutes to slightly brown the chicken
- Serve with your choice of veggies and starch. This meal works well with roast potatoes or rice