Ideal to serve with a braai or just as a snack with some butter spread on!
It is quick and easy to make.
Note: This recipe requires a Microwave Safe Ring Baking Mould.
- 30 ml Cake flour
- 60 – 100 ml Sugar
- 150 ml Mealie meal
- 100 ml Oat bran
- 7 ml Baking powder
- 2.5 ml Salt
- 15 ml Canola oil
- 3 Eggs
- 125 ml Milk
- 1 tin Cream style sweetcorn
- Spray microwave ring baking mould with nonstick spray or grease with a paper towel dipped in oil
- Sprinkle a little paprika into oiled baking mould (optional)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix the oil, eggs and milk together well and add dry ingredients
- Add the sweetcorn and mix well
- Spoon into the microwave baking mould and microwave at 70% power for 12 minutes, then at 100% for 2 minutes
- Allow 10 minutes standing time
- Turn out, slice and enjoy