Banana bread is always enjoyed with a cup of tea or even as a dessert. It is also a popular snack for children.
It is quick and easy to make and a perfect way to get rid of overripe bananas.
- 125 g Butter
- 1 cup Castor sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 – 3 Large bananas (Mashed)
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarb
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well
- Add bananas and vanilla essence
- Fold in the dry ingredients and mix well
- Bake in a loaf tin at 180 C for 45 minutes